- This event has passed.
Calvary Cemetery All Soul’s Day Mass & Prayer Walk
November 2, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
On November 2nd, the Church commemorates the faithful departed an invites us to pray for their eternal repose. All are invited to attend Mass celebrated by Bishop Myron Cota followed by a prayer walk starting at the Scared Heart statue lead by Deacon David Leatherby.
November 2, 2017 All Souls Day Mass & Prayer Walk
10:00 am Mass celebrated by Bishop Myron Cota at Calvary Chapel
11:30 am Prayer Walk starting at the Scared Heart Statue lead by Deacon David Leatherby
12:30 pm Rosary for the Faithful Departed at Calvary Chapel
Confession before and after Mass beginning at 9 am and ending at 12:00 pm
Please stay and enjoy some light refreshments after mass
On all the days of November 1st through November 8th inclusive, a plenary indulgence, applicable only to the Poor Souls, is granted to those who visit a cemetery and pray even if only mentally for the departed.
Conditions for the indulgence:
- Only 1 plenary indulgence can be granted per day.
- It is necessary to be in the state of grace, at least by completion of the work.
- Freed from attachment to sin, even venial sin, is necessary; otherwise the indulgence is only partial. (By this is meant attachment to a particular sin, not sin in general).
- Holy Communion must be received each time the indulgence is sought.
- Prayers must be recited for the intentions of the Holy Father on each day the indulgence is sought. (No particular prayers are prescribed. One Our Father and one Hail Mary will suffice.)
- A sacramental confession must be made within a week of completion of the prescribed work. (One confession made during the week, made with the intention of gaining all the indulgences, suffices.)