Fema Providing Financial Assistance for COVID-19
Related Funeral Expenses.
There may be financial assistance available to you from FEMA, if you have incurred funeral expenses for a loved one who passed due to COVID-19.
Please note that we are not able to apply on your behalf. Individuals must call directly to start an application. However, we will gladly furnish any paperwork that you may require. We can assist families with the application process, by ordering copies of a death certificate or providing copies of receipts or contracts showing the expenses that were incurred.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: FEMA.
In fact, no one can register you for FEMA Funeral Assistance but you. FEMA has received reports of scammers reaching out to people offering to register them for funeral benefits.
Before you call here is a Pre-Call checklist from FEMA to help get your documents and information in order: FEMA_Pre_Call_Checklist
Due to the evolving information surrounding the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus), please keep visiting our website for up to date information.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) updated Tuesday, July 21, 2020
We remain open and continue to serve our families. If you lost a loved one or if you are concerned about a loved one and need guidance, please call us – day or night at 916-452.4831. We have staff available to help.
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services of the Diocese of Sacramento (CFCS ) operates in accordance with the Decree issued by the Most Reverend Bishop Jaime Soto. We provide the following:
- Full Mortuary care including decedent pick up, body preparation and cremations. We work directly with hospitals, hospice, adult living and senior care centers. We can also come to your home if it is easier for you and your family.
- Vigils, Visitations and Funeral Masses have resumed in accordance with state, county and CDC guidelines in effect.
- Outside Funeral Masses may be conducted at your local Parish (subject to Parish availability) or at one of our cemeteries. Our Funeral Directors are available to guide you thru these decisions.
- Vigil, Visitation, Funeral Mass and Committal occupancy vary in accordance with state, county and CDC guidelines. Occupancy totals include clergy, staff and support personnel.
It is difficult to limit the number of invitees to a vigil or funeral service. In an effort to help, we now stream services on our YouTube channel. We provide families a link prior to the service and keep the recording after the service. Our funeral staff can provide more details regarding “Livestream” option at St. Mary Funeral Center.
Graveside services (committals) continue. A limited number of immediate family members, practicing physical distancing, are permitted next to the grave. Additional family members and guests may attend, but they must stand nearby and practice physical distancing. A Priest or Deacon, a Funeral Director and grounds crew team would be in attendance at a committal. Current committal guidelines are:
- A 25’ perimeter will be established around the grave site.
- Up to eight (8) family members inside the perimeter.
- Up to one hundred (100) individuals may be allowed to attend.
Private family viewings may be held at the following locations:
- St. Mary Funeral Center Parlor, St. Mary Cemetery & Funeral Center, Sacramento
- George L. Klumpps Chapel of Flowers, Sacramento
Indoor Mausoleums remain closed until further notice. Also, Saturday 10 am Mass at our cemeteries remain suspended until further notice. We hope to resume them shortly.
Family appointments are recommended when visiting either our funeral home and cemetery offices. In accordance with state and county guidelines, the number of people allowed in our facilities are limited. Masks and proper Social Distancing are required for everyone’s health and safety. Virtual Meetings are available. If a virtual meeting is not possible, families may call and schedule an in person appointment. In person visits are limited to two (2) attendees. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at 916-452-4831 or email: email@example.com.
For more specific information, please contact us:
- St. Mary Cemetery & Funeral Center/Sacramento 916-452-4831
- Calvary Cemetery & Funeral Center/Citrus Heights 916-726-1232
- All Souls Cemetery & Funeral Center/Vallejo 707-644-5209
- Joseph Cemetery/Woodland 530-438-4998
- Holy Cross Cemetery/Colusa 530-438-4998
- George L. Klumpps Chapel of Flowers/Sacramento 916-443-7917
Cemetery grounds at all CFCS Diocesan cemeteries are open daily from at 7 am until 6 pm.
We are here to help. If you have questions, please call 916-452-4831 or info@cfcsSacramento.org.
Thank you and stay safe,
Jerry Del Core
President and CEO
Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services