St. Mary Cemetery & Funeral Center FD2263
Consecrated by Bishop Robert Armstrong in 1929, St. Mary’s Cemetery is the final resting place for more than 65,000 faithful departed. With more than 70 acres of developed and undeveloped cemetery land, Bishop Patrick Kean suggested that St. Mary’s Mausoleum should assume the typical form of a Catholic Church. With the Mausoleum as its dominant feature, the property houses many of the community’s specialty cemeteries, including the Russian Orthodox Cemetery, the Sacramento County Veterans Cemetery, and the Sacramento County Cemetery. As the Diocese of Sacramento’s major cemetery, St. Mary’s serves the Catholic and Christian communities of the surrounding community.
Services and Features
St. Mary’s Cemetery now offers immediate and advanced planning funeral services. The recently completed additions to St. Mary’s Cemetery offers families a wider selection of options, such as traditional upright monuments, traditional ground burials, family mausoleums, inside Chapel glass niches, and niche columbarium.
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is held every Saturday at 10:00 am to pray for the faithful departed buried here.