Calvary Cemetery & Funeral Center FD2262
Calvary Cemetery, established and dedicated in 1953 by Bishop Robert Armstrong, is the second largest Catholic Cemetery of the Diocese of Sacramento. Located just off highway 80 and Greenback lane on Verner Avenue, Calvary Cemetery serves the greater Sacramento area’s Catholic and Christian communities. With the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains as a backdrop, the Calvary Cemetery features more than forty acres of rolling hills and green lawns. This magnificent landscape leads to the cemetery’s prominent feature—the altar shaped monument at the base of the large marble crucifix—known as Mount Calvary.
Services and Features
Calvary Cemetery now offers immediate and advanced planning funeral services. We offer families a variety of options such as traditional upright monuments and ground and above ground burials, including family mausoleums, crypts, and niche columbarium. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is held every Saturday at 10:00 am to pray for the more than 14,000 faithfully departed souls buried here.